Monday, July 12, 2010

Haiku

Well, over the past week, I've gained myself a girlfriend. As incredible that is in and of itself, it's nothing close to how incredible she is. She's an absolute wonder.

That being said, I am going to have to make sure my poems don't get all mushy, unless I just can't help it!! I guess historically, most of my sappy romantic poems were based more on depression, loss, and just general hopelessness. I've always said that I can't write poetry when I'm happy. I tried once to write a happy love poem. It didn't work too well.

Which is why I have gone more recently to a "cynical observation" style... It's easier to just write if I am not really writing about feelings. But sometimes I just can't help it, so I'm sure a few will seep in every so often. I apologise in advance.

HAIKU

This is not a haiku
so don’t even start
to complain about that.

I’ve been writing haikus
recently.
You don’t get to read any of them though,
because they are not for you.

Unless of course,
you happen to be the person
I’ve been writing them for...

...or for whom I have been writing them.

Grammar is a good thing sometimes,
but I suppose in verse,
it may not matter quite so much.
Especially not in haikus.

Proper punctuation-
doesn’t matter either?

Shut up,
nobody asked you.

No comments:

Post a Comment