Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Like To Make Log Cabins With My Mind

Okay, I think I am going to try something new for this week's poem. Let's hope it works.

I LIKE TO MAKE LOG CABINS WITH MY MIND

Train tracks make waves
following the paper moon.
Never mind the stationary,
It's only what you asked for.

Knives and llamas
are only similar
because they have an edge.
Nightmares.

You're forever leaving behind
a never-ending trail
of surgical supplies.

Life is what you make of it
and I make mine
with light mayo.
I don't like mustard.
But sometimes it's alright.

What do you think will happen
When the sky
turns a dark shade of black?
Perhaps it will be the end
for all of humanity...

...or maybe it's just God
playing a trick on us all
to make sure
we're paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment